Re: Problem with ginput

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem with ginput
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:21:57 -0500

On Thursday, December 10, 2009, at 08:52AM, "Matthias Brennwald"
<address@hidden> wrote:
>On Dec 10, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Benjamin Lindner wrote:
>

>>> using ginput() from the octave-forge plot package, octave
>>> still hangs on calling ginput(1).
>>
>> Using the wxt terminal by issuing putenv("GNUTERM","wxt")
>> it works
>>
>> octave> [x,y,b] = ginput(1)
>> x =  5.1002
>> y =  0.45119
>> b =  1
>>
>> using the windows terminal it doesn't.
>> I also see, that the windows terminal does *not*
>> return after a mouse click, even when executing
>>  pause mouse any
>> but only after a keypress.
>>
>> I see this in gnuplot 4.3.0-2009-07-08 CVS and in 4.4-rc1
>>
>> This looks like a gnuplot windows terminal issue.
>>
>> benjamin
>
>I tried your example with the wxt terminal, but I still get the same behavior
>from ginput(...) on my Windows box.
>
>Matthias

Please verify that you are using the ginput form Octave's core.

What does "which ginput" say?

If the version in Octave's core doesn't work, have you tried the one from the
Octave-Forge plot package?

I checked the gnuplot 4.3 manual, mousing with the Windows terminal should
work. However, perhaps it is a good idea to verify. Please run gnuplot and try

gnuplot> set term windows
gnuplot> plot sin(x)
gnuplot> pause mouse
gnuplot> print MOUSE_X