Re: Problem with ginput

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Problem with ginput
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:40:24 +0100

> I am a Windows noob. How do I run gnuplot on Windows?

If you installed the mingw binary, there should be a
shortcut in start->programs->Gnu Octave 3.2.3->Wgnuplot
which points to
c:\path\to\octave\bin\wgnuplot.exe
which is the gnuplot version with a gui interface (which
is probably what you want)

There is also a console version in
c:\path\to\octave\bin\gnuplot.exe
which is the one octave uses as backend.
Simply execute by double-clicking from within an explorer window
or from a command shell (Start->Run and enter "cmd" and there
execute c:\path\to\octave\bin\gnuplot)

If you start gnuplot the default terminal will be set as "wxt".
To switch to the windows/wxt terminal execute
  set term windows
respectively
  set term wxt

benjamin