Re: Plotting with 3.2.0 on Windows is SLOOOOOOWWWW

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Plotting with 3.2.0 on Windows is SLOOOOOOWWWW
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:35:56 +0200

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 08:05:19AM +0200, Matthias Brennwald wrote:
> > Hello Matthias Brennwald
> >
> > The issue seems to be system denependent (Machine Spec.(kind of CPU,
> > amount of memory),
> > OS (e.g. XP home, XP Professional, Vista Home Premium etc. ).
> >
> > Please make sure at that point in your reply.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tatsuro
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. Again, as I wrote above, I don't know
> much about Windows. All I know is that I have Windows XP. How do I
> tell which variant I have (home, Professional, whatever)? [Quick rant:
> I am using this at home, working for my job. So this should probably
> be home-professional or something. Rant off.]

The main difference between XP Home and Professional is the availibility
of administrative tools, ie stuff that makes your life in administering
these systems easier.

http://www-pc.uni-regensburg.de/systemsw/WinXP/xphome1.htm
[sorry, german for the second link]

Martin, you can find the information by right-clicking on "Arbeitsplatz"
on your desktop and choosing "Eigenschaften". Go to the "Allgemein" Tab.

Sorry for using the German words, but I don't know the English ones
right now.
Screenshots:
http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/files/net/security/inf-xp/xp-arbeitsplatz-eigen.htm

Different way of doing this: