Re: Plot to PDF

From: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: Plot to PDF
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:03:24 +0200

Hi folks,
to whom it may concern: I do exactly this since quite some time. I have the
script "gnuplotps2pdf" what does what it is called - and even more.
I've attached it here - you can use it even for any (AFAIK) postscript output
from M$-Software in order to shrink the box down to it's absolute minimum.
Just call

gnuplotps2pdf <filename>

to create a minimum box size pdf from any postscript. If you have gv, you can
use that to determine a box within any postscript file to create a pdf the
size of which matches exactly the size of the selection.

It works under linux. You need extra effort on MAC (install gnu grep, edit
file ...), on M$ - no way.

I prefer it over pdfcrop as it may use the postscript output of anything
directly.

Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

Am Freitag 10 Juli 2009 18:24:31 schrieb Jonathan Stickel:
> Ben Abbott wrote:
> > On Friday, July 10, 2009, at 09:53AM, "Jonathan Stickel"
> >
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> On 7/9/09 address@hidden wrote:
*****

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)