Re: parallel Octave

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: parallel Octave
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:06:17 -0700 (PDT)

Francesco Potorti`-2 wrote:

> What is the current status of parallel Octave?  In this moment the
> <http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb> site on Octave MPITB does not
> respond, but the Google cache shows that the last news is from October
> 2008 and the last mentioned version of Octave is 2.9.12.
>
> Is that the way to go?  Are there any other parallel Octave
> implementations?  Anyone knows if MPITB can work with Octave 3?  Am I
> completely out of line here?
>
> --
> Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
> ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040
> via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 Pisa         Email: address@hidden
> (entrance 20, 1st floor, room C71)     Web:   http://fly.isti.cnr.it/

The last release of MPITB works fine with Octave 3.03. I haven't tried 3.04
yet, but I would be surprised if there is any problem. I tried to use MPITB
with Octave 3.1.5x a few weeks ago, and failed. The MPITB web site is
active, maybe you ran into a temporary down time. Octave 3.01 and MPITB is
available on the PelicanHPC live CD, with some example code, if you would
like to try it out.
Michael
MIchael