Re: apply for google summer of code with octave?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: apply for google summer of code with octave?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:33:02 +0100

man, 09 03 2009 kl. 09:10 +0000, skrev Michael Goffioul:
> IIRC, last year we were not selected and we ended up thinking
> it would have been better to apply for SoC through GNU project.

Last year's experience was somewhat bad. We never got a reply from
Google saying that we hadn't been selected, nor why we didn't get
selected. One thing that's changed since last year is that Octave is now
a high priority project for GNU, which should help us somewhat.

That being said, I don't have the time to do the application this year.
So, if we apply, somebody else has to do it.

Søren