Re: parallel Octave

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: parallel Octave
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 16:51:33 +0100

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Francesco Potorti` <address@hidden> wrote:
> What is the current status of parallel Octave?  In this moment the
> <http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb> site on Octave MPITB does not
> respond, but the Google cache shows that the last news is from October
> 2008 and the last mentioned version of Octave is 2.9.12.
>
> Is that the way to go?  Are there any other parallel Octave
> implementations?  Anyone knows if MPITB can work with Octave 3?  Am I
> completely out of line here?

If a simple SMP parallelism would suffice your needs, I have recently
contributed the parcellfun (a parallel cellfun) function into
OctaveForge/main/general.
It is simple to use and quite efficient on systems implementing
efficient process forking, such as GNU/Linux.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer