Re: parallel Octave

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: parallel Octave
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:26:21 +0100

>If a simple SMP parallelism would suffice your needs, I have recently
>contributed the parcellfun (a parallel cellfun) function into
>OctaveForge/main/general.
>It is simple to use and quite efficient on systems implementing
>efficient process forking, such as GNU/Linux.

That's nice, thanks!  I guess that its main usage is to exploit
multicore and multicpu machines, right?

Oh, and by the way, the documentations seems to imply the opposite of
what you wrote above, that is, seems to say that Linux has not an
efficient fork implementation.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040