Re: release 3.0.2

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: release 3.0.2
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:48:37 -0400

On 19-Aug-2008, Thomas Weber wrote:

| b) Easy downloads: Hm, I wanted to write something about easy downloads
| here, but it seems the web-frontend actually provides that:
|
| http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-0-x
| => tags
| => release-3-0-2
| => bz2 in upper row
|
| Or, in short:
| http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-0-x/archive/5937bae20efc.tar.bz2
|
| Hmm, anybody in need of tar.gz archives?

I'm not sure I understand precisely what this does, but if it is just
grabbing the files from the Mercurial archive (and I don't see how it
could do anything else) then what you get this way will not be the
same as what we create for releases.  The release tar files contain
things some generated files that are not tracked in the version
control system.

jwe