Re: gnuplot zoom

From: gOS
Subject: Re: gnuplot zoom
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Goffioul-2 wrote:

> I might be wrong, but I thought that mous zooming in gnuplot
> was only available in (not yet released) 4.3 version.

I was looking through the mailing list and may have been mislead.

It says  http://www.nabble.com/zoom-to9221809.html#a9221809 here  that as
early as 2004 there were zoom capabilities.

Then there was mention of using set mouse, which I think no longer works
from another page.

Then
http://www.nabble.com/Mouse-zoom-and-keyborad-shortcuts-not-working-with-Octave-3.0-on-windows-XP-to15699262.html#a15709554
this  suggested 4.3 which got me looking.

Next I found the bit about being able to use cygwin's gnuplot
http://www.nabble.com/cygwin-gnuplot-(CVS)-can-be-used-from-mingw-octave-3.0.0-(mouse-zoomin-active!!)-to15322278.html#a15322278
...  but I didn't feel like installing cygwin again, especially since octave
wouldn't even run properly or plot last time I tried it (About 2 weeks ago).

Finally I saw this
http://www.nabble.com/gnuplot-4.3.0-2008-03-24---mouse-zooming-works-to16814618.html#a16814618
gnuplot 4.3 works.  So I downloaded the binaries and it didn't work for me,
and I don't have a gcc compiler or the desire to install one atm, so I
didn't try recompiling from source either.

So I figured I'd through out a line and see if anyone had any information.
It seems though that I have to wait till 4.3 comes out...