Re: Octave C++ performance benchmarks?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave C++ performance benchmarks?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:03:37 -0400

On 24-Jul-2008, Kyusik Chung wrote:

| Im of the belief that helping someone out in the forums when they try
| to use your software does help the community by creating another great
| source of pseudo documentation.

I only asked why we should go out of our way to help you if you are
not sharing your code with our community.  There might be other
reasons for us to help you.  The question is, do you want to be a
member of the community, which also means contributing, or do you want
to simply take advantage of the community's resources?  If you want to
join the community, then you are certainly welcome to do so.  But if
you only want to take advantage of our expertise and meanwhile
complain that what you are getting (for free) is not adequate, then
I don't see why we should bother to help you.

jwe