Re: gnuplot zoom

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: gnuplot zoom
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:03:38 +0200

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:59 PM, gOS <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd like to use a version of gnuplot for which the zoom functionality is
> present. I see that it may be possible after looking through the threads on
> this site, though there appeared to be some compiling involved with gcc.
>
> I attempted this but plotting revealed the gnuplot terminal instead of a
> plot. I probably made a mistake somewhere.
>
> I tried this version of gnuplot, extracted: gp423win32.zip
> And I used gnuplot_binary to set the path the pgnuplot.exe

I might be wrong, but I thought that mous zooming in gnuplot
was only available in (not yet released) 4.3 version.

> Anyhow, I'm using the 3.0.1 (vs 2005) version of Octave for windows located
> here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078
[snip]
> Anyway, as I said, I'd like to use the latest version of gnuplot with Octave
> on Windows. Where do I go from here?

The problem with the stock precompiled gnuplot package is that
it does not integrate a patch that I use to generate the version
distributed with octave binary package. This patch allows a real
console mode to gnuplot, which makes it act like on Linux. It
is likely that the stock gnuplot package does not work with octave.

The patch is available on octave-forge SVN repository
(admin/Windows/msvc/libs/).

Michael.