Re: Octave 3.0.1 Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHAT) build failure

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0.1 Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHAT) build failure
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 19:59:35 -0500

On 08/05/2008, Francesco Potorti` <address@hidden> wrote:
> >If no one runs on a 64-bit platform none of the bugs of 64-bit systems
>  >will be found.
>

> I am running a dual core amd64 with Debian testing, and I see no
>  problems with Octave.  Isn't that built with 64 bits?

Did you compile with --enable-64? Octave has some experimental 64bit
features that aren't enabled by default.

The other segfaults I was mentioning weren't in regards to Octave, but
to other things (and I'm suspecting that Octaviz is having similar
problems, but I'm still waiting for confirmation that the segfault I'm
seeing is a 64bit problem).

- Jordi G. H.