Octave 3.0.0: configure doesn't find the Suitesparse Libraries

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave 3.0.0: configure doesn't find the Suitesparse Libraries
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:00:01 -0500

On 21-Feb-2008, address@hidden wrote:

| Try to use the following influential environment variables of the
| Octave configure step: CFLAGS, CFLAGSGS, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and
| LDFLAGS, as well the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In your case something like,
|
| export   CFLAGS="${INC}" ; echo $CFLAGS
| export CPPFLAGS="${INC}" ; echo $CPPFLAGS
| export CXXFLAGS="${INC}" ; echo $CXXFLAGS
| export  LDFLAGS="${LIB}" ; echo $LDFLAGS
| export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${DYN}:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ; echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you set CPPFLAGS for configure, you don't need to add the -I/dir
options to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

I would not expect that you would need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
configure to run successfully.

I would recommend against exporting variables like this in your
environment.  Instead, setting them on the configure command line is
all you should need to do.

jwe