Re: Octave 3.0.0: configure doesn't find the Suitesparse Libraries

From: Jan Ruebel
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0.0: configure doesn't find the Suitesparse Libraries
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:59:43 +0100

Hi John!

Thanks a lot, it works now. I had missed one symbolic link to a header file in
the first place. Furthermore I had placed both the libs and the headers in
subdirectories called suitesparse in /usr/local /lib and .../include,
respectively, and while configure checks for a subdirectory of this name
in .../include, it doesn't do so for the libraries. Adjusting the call to

./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/suitesparse

worked perfectly.
Thanks again.
Jan