Re: Octave Compatiblity with MatLAB

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave Compatiblity with MatLAB
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:58:14 +0200

On 9/14/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> > 3. Octave could not handle all UI-commands at the moment. This includes
> > set/get/gca/gcf/jet/uicontrol/uimenu/box/camlight/lighting/rotate3d and
> > so on. In the testsuite I use dispatch to call wrappers for them if
> > needed.
> >
> jhandles in octave-forge has some UI stuff that is compatible, but not
> all of it.

I'm working on it within jhandles, but it takes a lot of time. I'm focusing
providing the core elements, most of them are already implemented.
One further step is to write the high-level objects or manipulation
routines (like camlight), which can (should) be developed independently
of the graphic backend. Contributions/help is always welcome :-)

Michael.