Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:50:04 +0200

Norm Hecht schrieb:
Thomas,

I applied the patch (by hand, I couldn't get the patch command to
do it), and tried plotting.  I got the ASCII plot again, typed
getenv("GNUTERM") and found out it was blank, even though the
shell thought it was set.

Ok, what about setting 'set terminal aqua' in the startup-file .gnuplot in your HOME directory and *not* doing 'putenv("GNUTERM", "aqua")'. Does this work? Cf. http://www.gnuplot.info/docs/gnuplot.pdf pp. 34

I put the putenv() command in my octaverc so it's automatically
applied now.  Any ideas on how to get rid of the first-plot error?

Not at the moment, it sound's like a platform independent problem for me but 'am not sure. If it is then I think it has already been reported on the list and is fixed with the current CVS. I can have a look for it on the weekend...

  Thomas