Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:48:43 +0200

John Swensen schrieb:
Is there an easy way to switch which terminal is used? I really like to use GnomeTerminal.

We didn't prepare anything for GnomeTerminal (ie. if you double-click octave.app) but you should be able to modify the shell script <octave.app>/Contents/Resources/script for your needs. If you could sent your modifications then we could implement this in the next release.

If not, this is still great! Have you published the steps to get this working?

In form of shell scripts, yes. They are hosted at Octave-Forge CVS admin/MacOSX. A clear description in text form isn't available yet.

It is nice to have a wholly contained "working" distribution with all the bells
and whistles.

Thanks.

John Swensen

Nice feedback, thanks.