Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Stefan de Konink
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:19:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 22/09/06, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 22/09/06, Pav, Steven E <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > said that he didn't mind people using octave because ``it whets
> > > their appetite for the real thing,''
> >
> > Holy crap... I'm extremely annoyed by that comment.
>
> And I'm even more embarrassed I said that out loud to the entire list
> instead of privately as I intended.

Don't be. Mathworks is not the only company with bad license servers and a
reputation to piss off people. Maplesoft was so kind to include and accept
all code brought in by mathematicians and the price only got higher for
each release because of the 'superb' algorithms. I never had to setup a
Matlab license server but Maple's one already pissed me off so badly that
I started looking at other stuff.

Yours Sincerely,

Stefan de Konink