RE: eps Toolkit - ftell that returns a scalar? was Re: subplot

From: Neil.Francis
Subject: RE: eps Toolkit - ftell that returns a scalar? was Re: subplot
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:14:25 +0800

Hi,

I've now discovered, downloaded and installed a binary for 2.1.71 (from
http://hpc.sourceforge.net), and epstk seems to be working fine.

I first had a go at compiling the source on octave.org myself, but it
didn't go so well - which isn't surprising as the only software I've
tried to compile on a Mac was very simple, written by myself, and had a
very short make file (if I used one at all).  I'm most familiar with
Windows Visual Studio and Delphi, though I was compiling software on
Linux and Solaris several years ago.  The './configure' suggested that I
install Readline, and I managed to compile that from source and install
it, but 'make' on Octave eventually failed with errors beginning with:

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xerbla_ ...

soon followed by

ld: Undefined symbols:
Marray2<std::comple<double> > operator-<std::complex<double>
>(Marray2<std::comple<double> > const&, Marray2<std::complex<double>>
const&)...

If anybody maintains a "How to compile Octave on OS X for Dummies" page,
I would like to read it.  If it isn't too complex me, I may have a go at
compiling the next Testing release, or maybe even the current
Development release.

Thanks,
Neil