Re: speed of octave interpreter

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: speed of octave interpreter
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:54:40 +0200

Mike Miller a écrit :

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, David Bateman wrote:

Yes these benchmarks have been examined. Perhaps a good starting point in the discussion of these is

http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/octave-maintainers.2004/msg00074.html

Search for the terms "sciviews" and benchmark in 2004 in the help and maintainers list at

http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/index.html

will give you quite a few more. I took quite some effort on the sort (in octave) and randn (in octave-forge) functions to improve these benchmarks, and many other things at the time. I think recent versions of octave built with atlas/fftw hold up pretty well on this benchmark now.

Thanks, David. That's important information. I hope you'll share it with the list.

Mike

Thought, I had.. Have now....

D.