2.1.64 compilation flags under mac os X

From: Samir Sharshar
Subject: 2.1.64 compilation flags under mac os X
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:53 +0100

Hi all,

A special thanks to Per and JWE for their help, remarks, advises

My configuration is :

Dual G5 2 GHz with 4 Go RAM
Mac OS 10.3.7
Xcode 1.5 with November 2004 update
gcc 3.3.X build 1671 from Apple

gcc flags:

-O3 -mcpu=G5 -mtune=G5 -mpowerpc64 -mpowerpc-gpopt -funroll-loops -faltivec

g77 flags;

-O5 -funroll-loops

libfftw3 compile and install before compile octave with the same gcc and g77 flags

for compiling octave

./configure --enable-shared --enable-dl --disable-static --with-f77=/usr/local/bin/g77 --with-blas=/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ vecLib --with-lapack=/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ vecLib --disable-readline

make

make install

give me a straightforward compilation without errors and the best octave... As I could see on my own procedures.

If someone is interested to bench the procedures I use on its own octave, let me know.

I wish you a merry christmas,

Really

Regards,

Samir