Re: mkoctfile under windows

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: mkoctfile under windows
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:17:56 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 25-Feb-2004, Dobieslaw Paleczka <address@hidden> wrote:

| I can not find octave in Cygwin setup.

It is not part of the base Cygwin packages.  There is a Cygwin binary
package at ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/cygwin.  This package is
unfortunately not current (I think it is 2.1.49).  I wrote some
scripts to create binary packages of Octave for Cygwin as a proof of
concept.  Now someone else will have to take over building and
distributing them since I don't have time and I don't even use Windows
regularly.

If you want to install octave on multiple computers as you suggested earlier, you could download these files along with the base cygwin packages you want to include, and you could create a CD containing all of these and use the "install from local media" option in the cygwin installer to install these on other computers. I assume you could also create your own package with the .oct files you want to distribute as well.

-Quentin