Re: binary packages

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: binary packages
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:32:31 -0500

On Feb 15, 2004, at 9:25 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

Now, while we're at the topic of wishlists, I would like someone else to join Debian and share the maintainership with me. I have put enough work in over the years to not drop this like a hot potato into the lap of a random
Debian developer, so I'll wait some more.

But the fact is that I have stopped to use Octave on a regular basis, and that is not a good basis for excellence in package maintenance. And that
really is what we're shooting for here.

Interested parties for this sub-task should feel free to mail me on- or
off-list.

Can you give us some idea of how much time it takes to
keep up with octave/octave-forge releases and bug reports
from the Debian community?   I expect setting them up in the
first place took a while, but I want to know how much long
term commitment we need to keep binary packages up to
date.

Thanks,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden