Re: binary packages

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: binary packages
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:54:30 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 07:16:23AM -0500, Paul Kienzle wrote:
> > >  libinline-octave-perl    which may need a maintenance release, but
> > >                      again too few people know and use this
> >
> > Is this also available from CPAN?
> > Does Debian interact well with CPAN?
>
> Yes (http://search.cpan.org/~aadler/) and yes. A newly formed Debian Perl
> group is working on making it even better.
>
> Though personally I consider this more of an Octave package, but I clearly
> see your point.

I assume this newly formed Debian Perl group is working on Debian interaction
with CPA, rather than libinline-octave-perl ;->

I agree with you that this is more of an octave package, because its
more common to have perl installed by default than octave.
The trick is that it needs to find octave when it installs. This isn't
a problem on UNIX (where it's in the path), but it is on win32, where
various octave installs can potentially put it anywhere.

Most of the interest I've seen in this package has been for
creating web applications that use octave ...

Andy