Re: saving plot images in arbitrary sizes.

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: saving plot images in arbitrary sizes.
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:44:22 -0700

general questions wrote:
Thanks for your advice,

It seems that keeping my plots in ps format will be a
much better plan as they keep all the detail.  Now all
I need is a working script for converting them when
necessary.

Depending what you have and what is you preferences
you can do something like:

convert inputfile.ps -resize 1600x1200 outputfile.png
(That assumes you have imagemagic installed, see 'man convert' for more
details)

or
gs -sDEVICE=png256 -r600x600 -sOutputFile=filename.png  filename.ps

'gs -help' will give you list of other options you can use.

I also found lately that postscript or pdf will satisfy
most of my requirements. I do not like bitmapped formats
for plots.
To convert to pdf you can do ps2pdf.

cheers,
   Lee -S-