Re: Unusual slowness with octave 2.1.42 for windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Unusual slowness with octave 2.1.42 for windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:08:39 -0500

On 16-Jun-2003, Steven D Ratts <address@hidden> wrote:

| As a matter of fact I am using Novell.  I'm not at my desk at the moment,
| but I'll try your suggestion when I get back there.

Coincidentally, the following message was posted to the cygwin mailing
list today.  I'm not sure that it will help you, but it seems worth a
try.

  Subject: novell client and bash
  From: address@hidden
  To: address@hidden
  Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:11:09 +1000

  howdy

  I've been scratching around trying to figure out why bash was so slow to
  exit (ExitProcess taking about 1-2 seconds to complete) on my laptop while
  it was lickity-split on a similarly spec'ed workstation: the difference
  between the machines being the laptop has Novell networking installed.
  Following a lead mentioned on this mailing list I downloaded and installed
  the latest Novell client (C483SP2e.exe) and lo-and-behold the problem was
  gone.  I've seen other emails on this list from folks with similar
  problems and thought I'd spread the news around.

  cheers
  mark

jwe