Re: Unusual slowness with octave 2.1.42 for windows

From: Steven D Ratts
Subject: Re: Unusual slowness with octave 2.1.42 for windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:07:52 -0700

I tried launching the actual executable directly, but that had no better
result than when double clicking on the icon.

Bummer,
Steve

Steven D Ratts
520.794.3692 Desk
520.794.5815 FAX
520.489.8916 Pager
address@hidden

                      "Steven D Ratts"

                      <address@hidden         To:

                      n.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject: Re: Unusual slowness
with octave 2.1.42 for windows
                      06/16/2003 05:44

                      PM

As a matter of fact I am using Novell.  I'm not at my desk at the moment,
but I'll try your suggestion when I get back there.

Thanks,
Steve

Steven D Ratts
520.794.3692 Desk
520.794.5815 FAX
520.489.8916 Pager
address@hidden

                      Andy Adler

                      <address@hidden         To:      Steven D Ratts
<address@hidden>
                      awa.ca>                  cc:
address@hidden
                                               Subject: Re: Unusual
slowness with octave 2.1.42 for windows
                      06/16/2003 05:35

                      PM

I've seen installs of octave-2.1.42 that start up very slowly.
I haven't seen the other problems you mention. My current
theory is that its a combination of Novell and the run.exe starter
executable (run.exe prevents the popup dos box with shortcuts).

Are you using Novell?

Could you try running octave-2.1.42.exe directly? ie Go to
C:\program files\Gnu Octave 2.1.42\bin\ and click on the exe.

andy