installation on windows 98

From: José Mª Lamarca Capa
Subject: installation on windows 98
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:11:17 +0200

Hi,

I downloaded the octave-windows-2000oct25d.exe file from sourceforge.net and although the installation seemed to work fine and I got a message of 'installation was successful', I can not get the program to work. Clicking on the 'octave.bat' file or on the screen icon (it appears now but it seemed not to do that on the first trials of installation) gives an OS2 screen with the message 'invalid command or file name' (translation from spanish). I read through the help mailing list where I found people with similar problems and I tried some of the hints given with no success. In some of the responses there were many web sites referenced that no longer exist. I would be very grateful if someone could help me out.