Re: mkoctfile: Problems sometimes during linking of text file

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: mkoctfile: Problems sometimes during linking of text file
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:37:42 +0100

"John W. Eaton" wrote:

> On 20-Apr-2000, Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | On my system, that don't allow to overwrite the file of a running
> | process, this don't work, as one can't remove the file of a running
> | process. By `file' I mean the executable object disk file. Sorry, no
> | computer scientist here...
>
> Can you move it aside instead of deleting it?

Sorry for the wrong info.

I can remove or rename a currently loaded .oct file, but I get a
warning:

   rm: remove `hello.oct', overriding mode 0644?'

Of course, `rm -f' solves this. This is probably the reason that why
trying to recompile a loaded .oct file I get the error:

   [jcard] mkoctfile hello.cc
   hello.oct: fatal error: cannot create output file

Thanks,
Joao

PS-no, I have not aliased `rm' to `rm -i'