small donations (was Re: contour AND plot(,,'o'))

From: Mike Miller
Subject: small donations (was Re: contour AND plot(,,'o'))
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:20:17 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, John W. Eaton wrote:

> We are working on a way to make it easy for us to accept small
> donations.  I will post an announcement here when we have the details
> worked out.

For those of us in academia, it would be helpful if we could make a
'donation' by buying something.  I'm not sure if you have anything for
sale.  If you could sell Octave CDs or manuals for $100 or $50, something
like that, we could use grant money to buy the stuff and that would be a
sort of donation.  Of course, Octave could remain freely available through
the usual channels.  As it stands, our departments/funding agencies
probably won't let us make donations and we'd have to do that out of our
own pockets.  We get a lot more in grant money than we get in salary!

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller
University of Missouri--Columbia