Re: speeding up Octave development (was: Re: m-code)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: speeding up Octave development (was: Re: m-code)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:40:15 -0600 (CST)

On  5-Mar-1999, Daniel Heiserer <address@hidden> wrote:

| > I know that's not a lot, but I can probably do it again reasonably soon,
| > and if everybody on the list (who isn't a starving grad student) did it,
| > I expect the total amount would be meaningful.
|
| I would pay the same, but I don't know if we can finance some experts
| by collecting money?
| How many people are in the list.
| n*$50=???
|
| ???/n=

There are currently about 350 addresses on the list.  A few of them
are mail exploders, but most are individuals.

I appreciate the offers of personal donations, but I too wonder
whether that would be sufficient or sustainable.

How much does your organization pay for software every year?  Would it
be possible to allocate some small percentage of that to Octave
development so that you could fund a small proposal?

jwe