Re: desperate situation with $(shell ... :(

From: Luke Shumaker
Subject: Re: desperate situation with $(shell ... :(
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:02:57 -0500

Like everyone else, I really don't know where your problem is coming
from.  However, if I had to guess, I'd say that one shell didn't close
the file in time for the next to open it, and one of them lost out.  I'd
try doing something like

$(foreach item, $(very_long_list), $(shell echo '$(item)'>>foobar.txt;sleep
0.5))

I hope this helps.

--
~ LukeShu