Re: Breaking out of menu on "live disk", repairing grub

From: Felix Miata
Subject: Re: Breaking out of menu on "live disk", repairing grub
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:34 -0400

On 2013-03-26 14:33 (GMT) Simon Hobson composed:

OK, got my system running, but ...

I could not get a working boot by chroot, update-grub, and update-initramfs. All my
attempts left me with "couldn't mount root, dropping to shell". Basically, soft
raid wasn't getting started, so the roof filesystem wasn't available. I hadn't tried it
before, but starting raid and then hitting ctrl-D to exit the shell resuted in the system
completing it's boot.
After booting this way, updating the grub config and initramfs gave me a
working setup - I'm thinking it was more likely a problem with the initramfs
than Grub.

So something else new I've learned :)