help-gnu-music

Re: "percent" repeat sign

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "percent" repeat sign
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:14:32 +0100

> Thank you very much for the quick response.  (I'm still not subscribed to
> the list - yet.)
> (Using Windows 95, Lilypond v1.2.0)
>
> As for 1.2.x VS 1.3.x, I first tried 1.3.6 for Windows and kept on getting
> nasty errors (wrong version of mudela or some such), so after much cursing
> I tried 1.2.0 which worked perfectly, right from the start.  So not much
> choice there.  :)

As Lilypond evolves, the input syntax keeps changing. The
error text on wrong mudela version simply means that your
file wasn't written for that specific Lilypond version.
The program convert-mudela (now called convert-ly) can
be used to automatically update (most features of) an input
file to a newer Lilypond version.

> Umm, where can I get the "repeatbar" example?  *pout*
> I swear I tried finding it:
> -The install package (lilypond-1.2.0.jbr1-95.exe) didn't contain it.
> -I didn't see it on the website/ftp anywhere, either.
> -Google (searched for: input/test/repeatbar lilypond -RPM -SuSE) didn't work.
>
> Sorry for the bother.  Oh, and does the "repeat one bar" sign get passed on
> properly to the MIDI too?  Thanks again.

OK, here's the example:

------ repeatbar.fly ---------------
c'' d e f | \repetitions1*3 |
\time 3/4;
g4 a b | R2.*2 |

This is just one of a large number of example files included
in the source code distribution, but unfortunately not in
the Windows installation. It might be a good idea to download
lilypond-1.2.0.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.lilypond.org/pub/LilyPond/v1.2/
and extract the files in the subdirectories input/ and mudela/,
using WinZip, for example. Since the Lilypond documentation is not
always perfect, these example files are a good complement.

    /Mats