help-gnu-music

Re: "percent" repeat sign

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "percent" repeat sign
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:37:50 +0100

> I'm not subscribed to the list.  I just have a quick question.
> I'm using Win95, Lilypond.  v1.2.0
> I've looked through all the docs I could find, with no luck.
>
> I want to use a "one measure repeat" sign.  In music, it might look
> something like this:
> | (notes) | % | % | % |
>
> That previous example would play the notes in the first bar and then repeat
> that first bar three times.  Any way to do this?

This is one of the few cases where you are lucky to stay
with a 1.2.x version, since the feature disappeared in
one of the major reimplementations done in 1.3.x.
Take a look at the example file input/test/repeatbar.sly,
I think you'll be able to understand how it works. I was lazy
with the documentation when I implemented this feature.

> [There is also a "repeat 2 bars" sign, a percent with two slashes instead
> of one.  And so on.]

It's been on my TODO list for over a year now, together with a
reimplementation of this feature that fits better into the
current program structure. I have all the font symbols in some
file at home, though.

      /Mats