help-gnu-music

[Help-gnu-music] Newbie help needed

From: Jim Sabatke
Subject: [Help-gnu-music] Newbie help needed
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:53:46 -0500

Hi,

I've been through the doc's on-line and I'm still a bit confused. I'm trying to enter music for the Great Highland Bagpipe (GHB). Some differences between anything in the doc's and proper GHB music are:

1.    The grace notes need to be smaller than the melody notes.
2. Grace note sequences that are beamed may appear within beamed melody note sets. The beams for the grace notes must be seperate from the melody beams. 3. Since the GHB has only 9 notes, relative note definition is a bit of a pain. Is there a method of specifying absolute notes?

Probably more to come later.

Thanks,

--
Jim Sabatke
SuSE 6.3 Linux

"I don't know anything about this man. At least I know only two things; one is, he
hasn't been in the penitentiary, and the other is [after a pause, and most sadly], I
don't know why."  Mark Twain