help-gnu-music

Re: [Help-gnu-music] How to typeset this?

From: David Boersma
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-music] How to typeset this?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:20:16 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

> > You could write the stem-down notes (untested)
> > \times 1/4 {e4} \times 1/3 {g8.} \times 1/2 {b8} e16
> >
> > or maybe even
> > e4*1/4 g8.*1/3 b8*1/2 16
>
> This works, thanks! I had seen the \times command but I did not connect
> it to my problem. Now I only have to look up that \shift stuff I saw
> mentioned here and there to make the noteheads coincide where appropriate.

In the meantime I also tried something. Mayby I did not get your problem,
but why can't you just stack the notes in a < > construct? I tried it with
the code below (much of it is just copied from the allemande-cello.ly and
-urtext.ly of the examples provided in the lily tarball) which gives with
lily 1.2.17 on a solaris machine quite satisfactorily the first bar of
your jpeg example. Only the noteheads of the g (next-to-next-to-last note
of the bar) should be joined, but that's the same as with the \times
solution, I understand from your reply. Strangely enough, the other 3
notes (e, b, e) *are* appropriately joined (with the code below).

Cheers,
David Boersma

------------------------- cut here ------------------------------
voice1= \context Staff \notes \relative c {
        \context Voice=i
        \stemup
        b''16 |
        b4 r16 e16 d c b a g fis
        e16 g b e  |
}

voice2= \notes \relative c {
        \context Voice=ii
        \stemdown
        r16 |
        r16  e16 g b e8 r8 r4
        < e4 { s16 g8. } { s8 b8 } { s8. e16 }  > |
}

globals=\notes {
                \time 4/4;
                \key e \minor ;