Re: editing a PDF [Re: emacs 30.5.0 editing epub]

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: editing a PDF [Re: emacs 30.5.0 editing epub]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 11:37:46 +0100

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> I’d be very wary of putting my handwritten signature as an annotation
> in a PDF document and giving that to another person. For all I know,
> it would enable them to extract the annotation containing my signature
> and apply it to a different document.

Anybody can do that with a scan of my signature anyway (that's how I got
my version).  I do have to sign stuff.  I can't prevent criminals from
doing criminal things with my signature in this case I think.

I don't even expect that such pdfs are valid documents btw (as a lot of
such things are actually, like photos of identity cards).

Michael.