Re: editing a PDF [Re: emacs 30.5.0 editing epub]

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: editing a PDF [Re: emacs 30.5.0 editing epub]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:03:36 +0300

* gebser@mousecar.com <gebser@mousecar.com> [2023-03-22 00:58]:
> Ugghhh.  You and Yuri have made me dislike PDFs even more than before. Yet
> still those executable(s) could be reverse-engineered.  Better than that,
> what FOSS app(s) would be happy replacement for the Acrobat-Industrial
> Complex?

As I do not use proprietary applications, I cannot know what does that
propriety non-free software Acrobat Industrial Complex does. I may
recommend some software here.

Name: flpsed 0.7.3-1
Description     : A WYSIWYG PostScript annotator
URL             : http://flpsed.org/flpsed.html

This software has very simple feature to edit text in PDF documents or
save PS pdocuments to PDF.

In general when I want to change PDF, I sometimes convert it to
picture and change the picture by using ImageMagick tools. And often I
may import PDF into Gimp software and then edit it as pictures. That
is often for reasons to insert signature in contracts.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman