Re: Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0 migration problems.

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0 migration problems.
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:26:20 +0100

At 16:18 06.11.2001 +0100, Lars Henriksen wrote:
Yes. When I enter the Query page from the main page and press "Submit query"
without changing any settings, i.e. "any" is selected in all fields, I get
the result:

3825 matches found
( Query executed  Tue Nov  6 15:54:32 2001 )

<list of results>

But when I select a particular value in a field (it doesn't matter which),
I get

Return code: 415 - Invalid expression

Hm. We need to get to the bottom of this. Could you do the following:

Look in the gnatsweb.pl file and find the line reading something like this:

$Id: gnatsweb.pl,v 1.78 2001/11/03 13:19:16 yngves Exp $

What version number do you see in your copy of Gnatsweb?

Then, try accessing Gnatsweb with the debug parameter set to "all". This is done by accessing Gnatsweb through a URL similar to this:
http://hurre.clustra.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?debug=all

You'll get a lot of noise at the top of each page. Navigate to the query page and execute a query which gives the invalid query expression error. The page displayed upon execution of the query contains the complete query conversation between Gnatsweb and GNATS. Save the page and send it to me, and I'll try to figure out what's happening.

- Yngve