Re: Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0 migration problems.

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0 migration problems.
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:06:48 +0100

At 14:18 06.11.2001 +0100, Lars Henriksen wrote:
1.
I do not want to interfere with the existing (production) Gnats installation
and may later have to set up several databases. How are the old per database
config parameters GNATS_ADDR, GNATS_USER and GNATS_ADMIN set with Gnats 4.0?
The brand new gnats/UPGRADING mentions only that GNATS_SITE is obsolete.
Section 3.5, "Setting up mail aliases", tells (like the old manual) only
that an alias must exist to redirect incoming PRs.

The UPGRADING still file needs quite a bit of polish.

GNATS apparently no longer needs to know its own mail address since PR submission is by default done by speaking directly to the GNATS network daemon, gnatsd. Thus, GNATS_ADDR is also obsolete. The same applies to GNATS_USER.

GNATS_ADMIN is actually also obsolete, since the mail address for the administrator now comes from the gnats-admin entry in Responsible file, This is less than clear in the manual, and I'll try to fix it.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer