Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0 migration problems.

From: Lars Henriksen
Subject: Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0 migration problems.
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:18:48 +0100

Hello,

A couple of weeks back I moved an old Gnats 3.2 installation with app. 4000
PRs to Gnats 3.113/Gnatsweb 2.9 without too much trouble. Now I have attempted
the same exercise with Gnats 4.0/Gnatsweb 4.0, but with less encouraging
results.

I have checked out the latest 4.0 version from CVS, compiled, installed and
configured. The gnats server is running and I can connect to it. I can display
individual PRs with query-pr or with Gnatsweb. But here the trouble starts.

1.
I do not want to interfere with the existing (production) Gnats installation
and may later have to set up several databases. How are the old per database
config parameters GNATS_ADDR, GNATS_USER and GNATS_ADMIN set with Gnats 4.0?
The brand new gnats/UPGRADING mentions only that GNATS_SITE is obsolete.
Section 3.5, "Setting up mail aliases", tells (like the old manual) only
that an alias must exist to redirect incoming PRs.

2.
Queries do not work (I have reported this as PR gnats/295).

$ query-pr --expr category="test"
query-pr: no PRs matched

Whereas

$ query-pr --category=test

returns 18 PRs. I can look at PRs by number, but have had no success with
regular expressions at all. From Gnatsweb 4.0 I get a

Return code: 415 - Invalid expression.

whenever I do a query with something other than "any".
--
Lars Henriksen