Gnatsweb 4.0 create PR problem

From: Lars Henriksen
Subject: Gnatsweb 4.0 create PR problem
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:23:18 +0100

Hello,

I have previously reported a query-problem, apparently with Gnatsweb 4.0.
Now I have tried creating a PR from Gnatsweb and from send-pr.

The result I get from Gnatsweb is:

Error
bad type of reply from server
Cannot understand gnatsd output: 1005721200 '.a at Wed Nov 14 08:00:00 2001'
Thank you for your report.  It will take a short while for
your report to be processed.  When it is, you will receive
an automated message about it, containing the Problem Report
number, and the developer who has been assigned to
investigate the problem.

A new PR is created and I get the acknowledgement:

Thank you very much for your problem report.
It has the internal identification `test/3968'.
The individual assigned to look at your
report is: gnats-admin.

>Category:       test
>Responsible:    gnats-admin
>Synopsis:       First Gnats 4.0 PR from Gnatsweb
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Nov 06 15:10:01 +0100 2001

I can view the PR.

Editing the PR resulted in a surprise. I changed the state to analyzed, gave
a reason and resubmitted the PR. I got a reply, but now the category
was pending. Apparently, this was because pending was preselected in
Gnatsweb! The same thing happens for the responsible field, but here
you are prompted for a change reason.

The categories are listed in Gnatsweb in the order they appear in the
categories, which I don't like, and are displayed in a three-line scroll
list, which I don't like either. Gnatsweb 2.9 has them in alphabetical
order and in a drop down list, which takes up less screen estate. This goes
for the responsible field as well.

Lars Henriksen