Re: Maintainer?

From: Bob Manson
Subject: Re: Maintainer?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:38:14 -0700

There hasn't been an checkins because there hasn't been any
development going on lately, nor any bug reports.  The only thing
holding up the release is updating the info files; I haven't had time,
and nobody has volunteered...

>I'm starting some patches for gnatsd to provide information on the
>structure of the database.

Like what exactly?

>  The next set will be the ability to modify
>the database structure through gnatsd.

Uuuggggghhh...are you sure this is a good idea?

I guess I don't have a problem with this, but it needs to be
well-structured (as opposed to simply adding the ability to send a new
copy of the dbconfig file to the server).

>I'm cooking up a front end for my work that looks a little bit more like
>bugzilla.  It will be done in PHP.  I may offer it for the contrib/
>directory.

That part sounds nice.

>I wanted to make sure that Gnats was still being maintained/it was
>possible to contribute, so I don't have to fork.  I think I may already
>have assignment papers into the FSF from 3 or 4 years ago.

If you send in patches, they'll be reviewed and integrated.
                                        Bob