Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK for Windows CE

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK for Windows CE
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:20:44 +0200

Hi Ilias

It could well be from a char that prints like an
ASCII 45 hyphen, but which is not.  I have never had
this problem from the command-line but I do get it
if I copy-and-paste a negative number from a
calculator app into my data file.  At some point,
a 'Boost.Lexical_cast' call fails and I get zero
and a caught exception instead.  Do you enter the
command-line from the keyboard or do you generate
it in a script or similar?

To debug this, you could print out the ASCII value
directly.  I don't normally use 'printf', but this
should do the trick:

  printf("  cha value : %d\n", cha)  // 'cha' of type 'char'

Or better perhaps, the GLPK error message could do that.
Hint for Andrew.

On Linux, it is possible to set the character
coding used by your terminal to say ASCII,
Latin-9, or UTF-8.  Resorting to ASCII would mean
non-ASCII hyphens would look distinctly odd.

best wishes, Robbie
---