Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Mac OS X installation

From: Thomas Deselaers
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Mac OS X installation
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:06:06 +0200

Hi All,

Here all information I have from the time when I made GIFT run on my
laptop using quite some stuff from fink.

Attached, you find a diff, which I created using

diff -wurN gift-0.1.14-orig gift-0.1.14

To compile I used:
CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include CCFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib ./configure
--prefix=/Users/thomasd/work/gift/install-ppc

CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include  CCFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib make

all the paths are specified, because fink is commonly installed in /sw
and thus does not follow the common unix file system structure.

after that (and installing of approximately 15 perl-libraries from cpan)

I typed:

make install

which compiled and installed to the defined prefix

The changes I applied [are in the patch] and are mainly these types of
changes:

#ifdef __HAVE_MALLOC_H__
#ifdef __HAVE_VALUES_H__
#ifndef __APPLE__