help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: Gengetopt 2.21 enhancement suggestions

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: Gengetopt 2.21 enhancement suggestions
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:59:01 +0200

Gyozo Papp wrote:
Hi,

well, actually, when I was thinking about enums I was thinking about
ALSO storing values as enums....
In the original suggestion from last year, it was proposed to generate
enums instead of strings.  For backward compatibility, you thought that
keeping both representations was best.  I agree.

Yes, actually I don't need the "original" string values but this is my
case only.

yes, probably, enums would be enough without strings especially if enums is a type for values (as suggested in the next two lines)

But I have proposed generating enums _or_ strings (or ints, floats, etc.),
depending on the user's choice.

It sounds great. I really hope it does not mean a really hard work
which prevents its inclusion in the next release (2.22). If so, anyway
I bet on enums instead of strings behaviour :)

can't promise that, but I'll do my best :-)

PS: sorry for bothering you my christian name is Gyozo actually, but I
used this comma separated auto signature to satisfy both native
(Hungarian) and English speakers. well it may be worth considering to
change it  ;)

opps... thanks for clarifying this :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)