help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: Gengetopt 2.21 enhancement suggestions

From: Gyozo Papp
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: Gengetopt 2.21 enhancement suggestions
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:52:23 +0200

Hi,

> > well, actually, when I was thinking about enums I was thinking about
> > ALSO storing values as enums....
>
> In the original suggestion from last year, it was proposed to generate
> enums instead of strings.  For backward compatibility, you thought that
> keeping both representations was best.  I agree.

Yes, actually I don't need the "original" string values but this is my
case only.

> But I have proposed generating enums _or_ strings (or ints, floats, etc.),
> depending on the user's choice.

It sounds great. I really hope it does not mean a really hard work
which prevents its inclusion in the next release (2.22). If so, anyway
I bet on enums instead of strings behaviour :)

PS: sorry for bothering you my christian name is Gyozo actually, but I
used this comma separated auto signature to satisfy both native
(Hungarian) and English speakers. well it may be worth considering to
change it  ;)
--
Papp, Gyozo