Re: [h-e-w] Re: Autocomplete in tramp is no longer working in version Em

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Autocomplete in tramp is no longer working in version Emacs-22-CvsP060625-EmacsW32-1.06
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:20:33 +0200

I wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Isn't _this_ the bug, right there?  Why isn't the Tramp completion
>> file name handler not called for a file name such as "h:/"?  I think
>> it should.
>
> I'll check whether this is applicable. There might be places in the
> code where the drive letter must be removed before there are further
> actions.

Finally, I could fix it this way in Tramp 2.1. It's committed in Tramp
CVS, and it will be available with Tramp 2.1.7 to be released soon.

I haven't backported it to Tramp 2.0 (part of Emacs 22), because the
codebase between them is seriously different, the patch is not
trivial, and I still fear I would destabilize Tramp there.

Thanks again for your recommendation; I was looking another way which
didn't succeed for a long time.

Best regards, Michael.